Pages



Friday, February 20

Five for Friday: Introduction

Hi Everyone!!

Where do I begin? I have started this blog, so that I can share and capture the moments of being a wife, teacher, new mama, etc! I thought the best way to introduce myself to all of you would be to start with a Five for Friday. This way I can share the top 5 things you should know about me. '

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


One. 

I'm a wife to a wonderfully loving husband! I know, I know many of us say that, but I'm truly lucky to call this man my husband. He's definitely my rock and shows me unconditional love! We will be married for 2 years (wow! Where did the time go? Oh, yea! I will share more in number 2) this July! I can't even believe that it will be 2 years. I love these beautiful pictures and they are just a few snapshots that capture that magical day!





Two. 

I'm a new mama or not so new anymore (Ahh, I may get emotional at the thought of that!). On May 25th, I gave birth to this beautiful baby girl. We named her Anali (pronounced "Analee") Elizabeth. She was named after a sweet student whom I taught, hence the spelling! She was a tiny 6 lbs, 5 oz. with the most beautiful, sweet lips and nose I have ever seen. She truly has been a blessing in my life and I feel honored and proud that I get to be her mama! My journey to motherhood had its slight bump in the road, but when you get to your baby it makes it all better!



We have 2 nicknames for this sweet girl. The two I always go back and forth with are "Little Miss" and "Lady A."



Life with Lady A is a busy one, especially since all we want to do is stand or pull ourself up! Oh well, life would be far more boring and a lot less joyous without her!


We recently celebrated our "First Valentine's Day" and this "Little Miss" onsie fit my Lady A just perfectly...now look at that personality!


Three.

Ever since I was a little girl, I always knew my career would be teaching. I always found myself playing school and teaching my favorite, well-behaved stuffed animals their math facts. After a lot of hard work and many classes, I now get to call myself a teacher. I currently teach 4th grade at our local elementary school. I feel so blessed to work close to home and be part of the school community where Lady A, her baby friends, and cousins will attend! I love my 4th graders and they definitely keep me on my toes. I have always had a feeling that 4th grade is where I belonged and to finally be there, it feels just right!


Yes! I even made the newspaper! :)

Four.

I have been lucky enough to call many places my home, but there is one place that has my heart! That place would be....Colorado! I was fortunate enough to grow up in a small community outside of Boulder. That place is so special and I am lucky I still get to visit their every summer. I will be traveling there to see my sister and her family this July, as well as my dad and I can't wait. My nieces and nephew are dying to spend more time with Lady A and see all her personality in person! Family is so important to me and I feel fortunate enough to see them often!


Five.

Last, but surely not least, I am a football lover. Okay, I have admitted it to all of you! I have loved football since as far back as I can remember. The best part of growing up in Colorado was that I could watch my favorite team (Denver Broncos) and enjoy a big, family breakfast/brunch. Sundays combined two of my favorite things! Sports and football are a big part of my life and the Mr. and I can't help but have some sports on at least once a day! Lady A's Daddy hopes to get her involved in sports early and with all the energy she has of late, she surely could make a great athlete!




While I know I could say more, just ask the Mr., I will stop there. I have no idea where this blog will go or who will follow, but I feel lucky that you have taken the time to get to know me and maybe we will become fast friends!


2 comments :

  1. What a fabulous intro! Wishing you all the best as you begin blogging! Enjoy filling your unique space with all of your favorite things, and capturing the sweet moments of life (big and small)! Have fun connecting with other bloggers. The blogging community is amazing! Happy blogging, Caralee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thank you so much for welcoming me to the blogging community!! I am so excited to share these moments and things with you!! Also, I look forward to making great friendships with you, as well as other fellow bloggers!

      Delete